As regulated by the Zoning Ordinance, the Town issues 3 types of zoning permits: Home Occupation, Sign Permits, Zoning Use, and Construction. 

1. Home Occupation

A Home Occupation permit is designed for out-of-the-home service-oriented small occupations that do not involve commercial traffic or signs. Examples would be writer, computer repair, or a painter who garages a commercial vehicle but does all of his/her work off-site. The permit ensures that a home occupation conforms to the zoning for the property. The fee is $20 and a business license is also required.

2. Signs

A Sign permit is required when putting up any commercial sign. When applying for this permit, please bring a picture or drawing of the sign, as well as information about its dimensions, location, how it's to be mounted, and roughly what type of sign it is. The fee for a Sign permit is $20 and a sketch with sign dimensions is required for a permit to be issued.

3. Zoning Permits - Uses

A Zoning permit is required for any new or changed use, a new owner/tenant, or for construction related to a use on a parcel. The zoning permit certifies that a business use or residential activity use meets the Town Code
Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category

Applications & Permits6 documents

  • Application for Appeal to the Board of Zoning Appeals
    document seq 0.00
  • Rezoning
    document seq 0.00
  • Sign Permit
    document seq 0.00
  • Special Use Permit
    document seq 0.00
  • Variance
    document seq 0.00
  • Zoning Permit
    document seq 0.00